01 June, 2008

Fail

Ok, so it's been over a week. I'm back in WNY now to visit my parents and I ended up helping my dad re-roof the house (well half of it at least) which included building a peak on a dormer. (Although I did put a whole in a ceiling I didn't fall all the way through)

So my predictions hopes fantasy about the Penguins winning the cup isn't coming true. I'm over it. I find it's really easy to get over things that never really had a chance to begin with.

I saw on WGR's website that the Sabres have signed 2 more prospects, including local boy Kennedy who won the Frozen Four championship with Michigan State (I think -- the green ones that Miller played for. I don't really follow college sports since no one broadcasts college hockey). I also voted in the web poll there that the Sabre's priority for this free agency is to re-sign Miller. I think that with a competent back up goalie (or at least one who can win games without divine intervention leading to shut-outs) he's our solid anchor. There have been several articles on this which I am too lazy to look for now.

I really enjoyed the game I went to last week. It cost me $30 for a 3rd row ticket near the blue line. Lots of good hard hitting, though the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins' power play really sucks. The Pirates were up 3-0 with 2 minutes left in the second, but the Pens managed to score in the second the put 2 away in the 3rd to take it to overtime where they won 4-3. I also learned that the Portland Pirates have a Miller, a Ryan, and a Peters on their team. Now they have to become the Sabres' farm team -- it must be destiny or something... (probably "or something" like the bad pizza I had last night)

As promised (well, almost as promised -- it's a few days late) I'm going to do an about me thingy here for the rest of the summer. I have alluded to the fact that I am in the National Guard before and I have a commemorative coin from former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Peter Pace. (USMC retired). I received the coin from him at a NASCAR race last year when I met him while wandering around in the pits waiting for a flag detail to start. (For the record he was still the chariman at the time)

No comments: