06 May, 2008

Let's all welcome The Hobbit!



The Hobbit, aka Nather Gerbe has signed a 3 year contract with Buffalo! Now if this is news to you then you are really coming to the wrong site to get your Sabres information.  But congratulations, and we look forward to seeing (or in my case, hearing) you play in Buffalo soon. 

For those of you who are unfamiliar with The Hobbit, he lead Boston College to victory in this year's NCAA Men's ice hockey tournament, beating Notre Dame in the finals. He seems to be a dynamic player, racking up a hat trick in the semi-finals, yet he's only 5'5". My theory is that he's so short the other teams look right over his head and don't notice him. But as J.R.R. Tolkien told us in his wonderful tales of Middle Earth, sometimes the fate of many rests upon small, remarkable creatures. 

Or perhaps Master Yoda's words would be more appropriate for The Hobbit:

 "Size matters not."

 (Hmm, maybe I should have called him Yoda, but I already referred to him as The Hobbit and I'm not changing his nickname now, even if I'm the only one who calls him that.)


1 comment:

dani said...

It's weird because, me and the Gerb are the same height. hahaha I love that.

The force is strong with him, yeah?