06 May, 2008

It's been a while...

Ok, so it has been a while since I updated this. Blame life for keeping me busy. At any rate I was able to watch the Penguins defeat the Rangers in OT on Sunday! Ha, take that Dury. Also, I'm glad that Brian Campbell lost (again, sorry San Jose, but Campbell's mouth ruined it for all of you. But if you simply dump him on July 1 then I'll return to my regular apathy towards you.) 

It was nice to see half of my side of the D-FAC (Dining FACility) stand up and cheer when the Pens won. Go Pens -- you are my adopted team for the play-offs. (In the west although I have MOSTLY forgiven Dallas for 1999 I still would love to see them get eliminated on a controversial call, and I don't like Detroit on principle for several reasons, including the fact that they are a dynasty team, they think they're better than Buffalo when it comes to fans [they're not even close], and Dominick Haseck's "Oh after I win the cup this year I'm returning to the Czech Republic to raise my son" lie. How many years ago was that?)

In the East I'm officially calling for the Penguins to beat the Flyers in 6, and in the West I'm hoping that Dallas beats Detroit in six or seven. I'm going with the Pens to win the cup, although that's partially (ok, mostly) based on the fact that I really don't want to see the other 3 teams win the cup. (Sorry Marty Biron)

So we shall see how things progress from here.

No comments: