07 August, 2010

Where have I been?

Well I ought to have updated this several times since I last did, but I have excuses! At first I didn't want to talk about the olympics, then I got busy with school. Somewhere in there depression over the Sabres early departure kicked in, but I promise that I was working on a post before they dropped the series. Mix in a desperate need to find a new place to live then moving and starting my summer job and you get this far into the summer without hearing from me.

My summer has been good though. Just a couple brief thoughts -- I light the signing of Rob Neidermeyer (or however it's spelled) I think it will help even out the young bucks. Kaleta's settlement is a good thing and I'm glad that Darcy knows how to use arbitration. For those of you who have been under a bigger rock than I have been the Sabres took Kaleta to arbitration so no one else could sign him to a pricey offer sheet (a la Vanek) so we would have more time to negotiate a good contract. It seems all parties involved got what they wanted. I'm not sure how I feel about Kennedy getting waived, in part because I have not read anything about the situation. I have no thoughts on Jordan Leopold since I don't know much about him.

No comments: