14 February, 2009

So it's been a little bit, but here's an update on a few things.

First, since this is a Sabres blog here are my thoughts on my team. I think our boys did nicely with their road trip, and the victories over Toronto and Montreal showed that they had some left. Unfortunately Ottawa proved too much, especially for Vanek, but the way this team is built we aren't doomed to a losing streak just because one talented forward. The victory over the Sharks was big, both for the community as a whole and to show we are very capable of making a good play-off run.

This leads into the second area I want to comment on. My prayers are with the families and friends of those killed in the Continental Airlines crash. My mom e-mailed me about it. I flew on one of those planes from Newark to Buffalo and back for my Christmas leave, and my sister flew out today on the same type of jet through Continental on her way to Peru. My grandpa and uncle live in Akron, right near the Clarence border. (their street is off of Clarence Center road) I think Heather B. put it well when she pointed out how much of a small town Buffalo really is.

As for me I'm alright here in Iraq. I moved again so I won't be listening to games any time soon, but I can follow the Sabres decently enough! I'm cooking here and we have a stray dog that some of the infantry guys adopoted. Some call her Lizzy while others call her Gimpy. It's funny to see these grunts come in and ask for some leftovers for the dog.

That's all for now,
-- Sharpie

No comments: